The goal of this program is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the tourism and travel industry, including its economic, social, and cultural impact. Students will learn about tourism trends, travel planning, hospitality management, and tourism marketing, among other topics.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand the tourism industry and its economic, social, and cultural impact
- Develop and implement effective tourism marketing strategies
- Plan and manage travel itineraries and bookings
- Understand hospitality management and customer service principles
- Understand and comply with relevant tourism regulations and policies
- Analyze tourism trends and emerging markets
- Understand the role of sustainable tourism in economic development
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 2 years of full-time study, or 4 years of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for a variety of roles in the tourism and travel industry, including:
- Travel Agent
- Tour Guide
- Destination Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Marketing Manager
- Tourism Development Officer
- Event Manager
Graduates may find employment in a range of industries, including hospitality, transportation, tourism, government, and non-profit organizations.
Overall, this Diploma in Tourism and Travel program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to understand and contribute to the tourism industry, including travel planning, hospitality management, and tourism marketing. Students will also learn about emerging trends and the role of sustainable tourism in economic development, contributing to the overall success of organizations and communities.
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.