The goal of this program is to provide students with a solid foundation in the principles and practices of information and communication technology (ICT). Students will learn about programming, software development, networking, database management, and other key ICT topics.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand the principles and practices of ICT
- Develop software using a variety of programming languages and platforms
- Manage computer networks and systems
- Design and manage databases
- Understand cybersecurity threats and implement appropriate safeguards
- Use ICT to solve complex problems
- Communicate effectively about ICT concepts and solutions
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 2 years of full-time study, or 4 years of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for a variety of roles in ICT, including:
- Software Developer
- Network Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Systems Analyst
- IT Project Manager
- Technical Support Specialist
Graduates may find employment in a range of industries, including healthcare, finance, technology, government, and non-profit organizations. Many organizations have dedicated IT departments or hire ICT professionals on a contractual basis.
Overall, this Diploma in Information Communication Technology program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the rapidly evolving field of ICT, contributing to the overall success of organizations.
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.