The goal of this program is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the hospitality industry, including hotels, resorts, restaurants, and other related fields. Students will learn about customer service, operations management, marketing, and financial management, among other topics.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand the principles of hospitality management
- Develop and implement effective customer service strategies
- Manage hospitality operations, including food and beverage service and housekeeping
- Understand and comply with relevant laws and regulations
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for the hospitality industry
- Manage finances effectively, including budgeting and cost control
- Understand the importance of sustainability and social responsibility in the hospitality industry
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 2 years of full-time study, or 4 years of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for a variety of roles in the hospitality industry, including:
- Hotel Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Resort Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Event Manager
- Catering Manager
- Front Desk Manager
- Housekeeping Manager
Graduates may find employment in a range of hospitality-related industries, including hotels, resorts, restaurants, event planning, and catering. Many organizations have dedicated hospitality departments or hire hospitality professionals on a contractual basis.
Overall, this Diploma in Hospitality Management program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the fast-paced and dynamic field of hospitality, contributing to the overall success of the industry.
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.