The goal of this program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in the field of hairdressing. Students will learn about hair cutting, coloring, styling, and maintenance techniques, as well as customer service and business management skills
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand hairdressing techniques and tools
- Cut, color, and style hair to client specifications
- Understand and comply with relevant health and safety regulations
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Provide excellent customer service
- Develop business management and marketing skills
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 2 years of full-time study, or 4 years of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for a variety of roles in the hairdressing industry, including:
- Hair Stylist
- Salon Manager
- Salon Owner
- Hairdressing Instructor
- Editorial Stylist
- Platform Artist
- Product Representative
Graduates may find employment in a range of settings, including salons, spas, hotels, and cruise ships. They may also choose to start their own businesses or work as freelancers.
Overall, this Diploma in Hairdressing program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the field of hairdressing, contributing to the overall success of the industry.
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.