The goal of this program is to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to produce high-quality food and beverages. Students will learn about food safety, nutrition, menu planning, kitchen operations, and more. They will also gain hands-on experience in food production and preparation.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand the principles of food safety and sanitation
- Develop and prepare nutritious and appealing menus
- Manage kitchen operations, including inventory and budgeting
- Utilize appropriate cooking and baking techniques
- Produce and present food and beverages in a professional manner
- Understand and comply with relevant health and safety regulations
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 2 years of full-time study, or 4 years of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for a variety of roles in the food and beverage industry, including:
- Catering Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Food Production Supervisor
- Food and Beverage Director
- Menu Planner
- Food and Beverage Consultant
- Pastry Chef
Graduates may find employment in a range of settings, including restaurants, hotels, catering companies, hospitals, and schools.
Overall, this Diploma in Food & Beverage Production program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to produce high-quality food and beverages, contribute to a positive customer experience, and contribute to the overall success of food service organizations.
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.