The goal of this program is to provide students with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to work as a professional cosmetologist. Students will learn about hair care, skin care, makeup application, and nail care, as well as business practices related to operating a cosmetology business.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in hair styling, cutting, coloring, and chemical treatments
- Perform skin care treatments, including facials, peels, and microdermabrasion
- Apply makeup for a range of occasions and skin types
- Perform manicures and pedicures
- Understand and apply safety and sanitation practices in a cosmetology setting
- Understand and comply with relevant cosmetology regulations
- Manage and operate a successful cosmetology business
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 2 years of full-time study, or 4 years of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for a variety of roles in the cosmetology industry, including:
- Makeup Artist
- Nail Technician
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Cosmetology Business Owner
Graduates may find employment in salons, spas, resorts, and other beauty and wellness establishments. Many cosmetologists also choose to work as independent contractors or open their own cosmetology businesses.
Overall, this Diploma in Cosmetology Technology program provides students with the knowledge and practical skills needed to succeed as a professional cosmetologist, contributing to the overall success of the beauty and wellness industry.
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.