The goal of this program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the hospitality industry, specifically in the areas of catering and accommodation operation. Students will learn about food and beverage service, kitchen operations, event planning, and guest services, among other topics.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand the principles of food and beverage service and kitchen operations
- Plan and manage events, such as banquets and conferences
- Understand and comply with relevant food safety regulations
- Provide excellent guest service and manage guest complaints effectively
- Develop and manage budgets for catering and accommodation operations
- Understand and use hospitality industry software and technology
- Develop and implement effective marketing strategies for catering and accommodation services
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of C- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 2 years of full-time study, or 4 years of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for a variety of roles in the hospitality industry, including:
- Catering Manager
- Accommodation Manager
- Event Planner
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Guest Services Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Restaurant Manager
Graduates may find employment in a range of hospitality industry settings, including hotels, resorts, restaurants, conference centers, and catering companies.
Overall, this Diploma in Catering and Accommodation Operation program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the hospitality industry, specifically in the areas of catering and accommodation operation, contributing to the overall success of hospitality organizations.
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.