The goal of this program is to provide students with a foundational understanding of the tourism and travel industry. Students will learn about tourism destinations, customer service, tourism marketing, and hospitality management.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand tourism and travel destinations
- Provide excellent customer service in a tourism and travel context
- Understand and comply with relevant health and safety regulations
- Develop and implement tourism marketing strategies
- Understand and manage tourism and hospitality operations
- Develop interpersonal and communication skills
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 6 months of full-time study, or 1 year of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for a variety of entry-level roles in the tourism and travel industry, including:
- Front Desk Agent
- Travel Agent
- Tour Guide
- Reservation Agent
- Sales Representative
- Customer Service Representative
- Event Coordinator
Graduates may find employment in a range of settings, including hotels, airlines, tour companies, and travel agencies. They may also choose to further their education with a diploma or degree program in tourism and travel.
Overall, this Certificate in Tourism & Travel program provides students with a foundational understanding of the tourism and travel industry, preparing them for entry-level roles and further education in the field.
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.