The goal of this program is to provide students with a strong foundation in the field of Information Communication Technology (ICT). Students will learn about computer systems, networks, software development, and database management, among other topics.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand the basics of computer systems and networks
- Develop software programs using programming languages
- Design and develop websites and web applications
- Understand database management systems
- Troubleshoot and solve basic computer-related problems
- Understand and comply with relevant ethical and legal considerations in ICT
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 6 months of full-time study, or 1 year of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for a variety of entry-level roles in the ICT industry, including:
- IT Support Technician
- Junior Software Developer
- Web Developer
- Database Administrator
- Network Technician
- Technical Support Specialist
- Helpdesk Technician
Graduates may find employment in a range of industries, including healthcare, finance, technology, government, and non-profit organizations. Many organizations have dedicated IT departments or hire IT professionals on a contractual basis.
Overall, this Certificate in Information Communication Technology program provides students with a strong foundation in the field of ICT, preparing them for further education or entry-level positions in the industry.
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.