The goal of this program is to provide students with the foundational knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the hospitality industry. Students will learn about customer service, front office operations, food and beverage service, housekeeping, and tourism management, among other topics.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand the principles of hospitality management
- Provide excellent customer service
- Manage front office operations, including reservations, check-in, and check-out
- Understand food and beverage service techniques and procedures
- Understand housekeeping and maintenance procedures
- Understand and comply with relevant health and safety regulations
- Develop and implement effective marketing and sales strategies
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 6 months of full-time study, or 1 year of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for a variety of entry-level roles in the hospitality industry, including:
- Front Desk Agent
- Reservation Agent
- Food and Beverage Server
- Tour Guide
- Event Coordinator
- Sales Representative
Graduates may find employment in a range of settings, including hotels, resorts, restaurants, and event venues. They may also choose to further their education and pursue a diploma or degree in hospitality management.
Overall, this Certificate in Hospitality Management program provides students with the foundational knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the hospitality industry, contributing to the overall success of the industry.
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.