The goal of this program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in the food and beverage production industry. Students will learn about food preparation, presentation, and service, as well as customer service and business management skills.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand food preparation techniques and tools
- Prepare and present a variety of dishes
- Understand and comply with relevant health and safety regulations
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Provide excellent customer service
- Develop basic business management skills
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 6 months of full-time study, or 1 year of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for a variety of roles in the food and beverage production industry, including:
- Line Cook
- Prep Cook
- Sous Chef
- Chef de Partie
- Banquet Chef
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Catering Manager
Graduates may find employment in a range of settings, including restaurants, hotels, catering companies, and event venues.
Overall, this Certificate in Food & Beverage Production program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the food and beverage production industry, contributing to the overall success of the industry
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.