The goal of this program is to provide students with a foundational understanding of cosmetology principles and practices. Students will learn about hair, skin, and nail care, as well as makeup application and styling techniques.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand cosmetology principles and practices
- Provide basic hair, skin, and nail care services
- Apply makeup to enhance natural beauty
- Understand and comply with relevant health and safety regulations
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Provide excellent customer service
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 6 months of full-time study, or 1 year of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for entry-level positions in the cosmetology industry, including:
- Nail Technician
- Makeup Artist
- Product Representative
Graduates may find employment in a range of settings, including salons, spas, and retail stores. They may also choose to continue their education by pursuing further training or certification in specific areas of cosmetology.
Overall, this Certificate in Cosmetology program provides students with a foundational understanding of cosmetology principles and practices, preparing them for entry-level positions in the industry.
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.