The goal of this program is to provide students with the foundational knowledge and skills needed to excel in the catering and accommodation industry. Students will learn about food preparation and service, customer service, housekeeping, and front desk operations, among other topics.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand food preparation and service techniques
- Comply with relevant health and safety regulations
- Understand customer service principles and practices
- Develop effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Understand and perform basic housekeeping duties
- Understand front desk operations and procedures
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills
Minimum Entry Requirements
- KCSE aggregate Grade of D- and above or its equivalent as ascertained by Ministry of Education
- Mathematics D-
- Either English or Kiswahili D-
Duration of Programme
The program is typically completed in 6 months of full-time study, or 1 year of part-time study.
Graduates of this program are well-equipped for entry-level roles in the catering and accommodation industry, including:
- Line Cook
- Wait Staff
- Front Desk Clerk
- Guest Services Associate
- Banquet Server
- Catering Assistant
- Room Attendant
Graduates may find employment in a range of settings, including hotels, resorts, restaurants, and catering companies. They may also choose to pursue additional training or education in the field to advance their careers.
Overall, this Certificate in Catering and Accommodation Operation program provides students with the foundational knowledge and skills needed to excel in the catering and accommodation industry, contributing to the overall success of the industry.
©2023. Miramar International College. All Rights Reserved.